Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

Let it Snow Challenge: Week 6 Winter Solstice

Hi all
Week 6 is here for the Let it snow challenge presented by The Nail Art Collaborative. The theme this week is Winter Solstice. You might be asking yourself as I did " what on earth is that" . According to Wikipedia "The winter solstice is the solstice that occurs in winter. It is the time at which the Sun appears at noon at its lowest altitude above the horizon" It is also the shortest day and the longest night.  Now you ask yourself " wow make nail art about that!" Here is my interpretation of it using a gradient effect.


Pin It
The colors I used in order of gradient are
a-england: Bridal Veil, a dark black with small micro specks of glitter throughout
OPI : On her majesties secret service , a dark green almost holo color
Zoya FeiFei,
Zoya Tallulah.
I started with two cats of Feifei then using the a makeup sponge I sponged Bridal Veil and On your majesties secret service from the base of my nail to the middle ( Bridal Veil at my nail bed) . I then sponged Tallulah and Fei Fei at the tips. 

I love the effect it created the top is like the slow approaching night and the blue represents the disappearing day with the disappearing sun. 
Enjoy
Please look at what the other ladies made.



No comments:

Post a Comment