Translate

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Zoya Purple Love

Hello!
Today I didn't have a lot of time, what with decorating our family Christmas tree and work and my wonderful  boyfriend bugging me, so I decided a simple manicure would do. I did it after we picked out the Christmas tree and decorating  ( I could just imagine the things that tree would do to my manicure  :/  ) . I used my two brand new shades I got from Zoya. Today I will show step by step. I decided it would be fun to make the background my Christmas tree with my favorite ornaments DISCO BALLS!. Who said December colors are only red and green? What about other colors! They look just as beautiful.


For this look I used Zoya " Lael" as the base coat. Its a nice jelly purple. I should have used three layers of it as my base, there where small batches that where not covered. I also used Zoya "Julieanne" a the zigzag tips. I think the contrast between these is subtle yet it works well. Neither of the colors out due each other, they work in great harmony.
To make the peaks I used scotch tape and cut many triangles of different sizes. I then layered them onto my nails. Then I added Juileanne to the tips, removing immediately making sure not to pull off to quickly. I finishes the look with two coats of Seche Vite.



I think it turned out okay, considering I had my honey next to me asking me what I was doing every five seconds. Next time I will wait a bit longer for the base color to dry because I did get some smudge after I took the tape off. 
Enjoy and thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment