Translate

Friday, December 14, 2012

Let it Snow Challenge! Ugly Christmas Sweater

Hey All Today wasn't the best day. I was stuck in traffic for two hours because of a large fatality on the freeway and considering I work with sweet adorable toddlers the terrible things that happened to the young ones in Connecticut today hit me hard. Tomorrow I will be posting a special white mani along with others in the nail art community to honor the little ones lost.

 This weeks mani is ugly Christmas sweater. We have all worn one at one time in our life. I can remember on many occasions my mother slipping one on me (at that time I was to young to care about making a fashion statement. So here is my ugly sweater!
Pin It
A lot of polishes where used for this creation all ranged from OPI to China Glaze The base coat is two coats of Essie "forever yummy" a beautiful deep red. The reindeer and Santa Claus where made freehand using dotting tools. The tree was made with a small art brush and dotting tool.
Rudolph is my favorite he is so cute!

 This is the original design but when I looked at it I thought it looked to uniform to be ugly. I then decided to add the dots to make it "ugly".

I have come to the conclusion that ugly sweaters look ugly everywhere else but they look pretty darn nice on our nails. 
Tonight and every day after lets hug our loved ones a little bit tighter in memory of every child lost not only in Connecticut but in every part of the earth. 
Enjoy 

Please check out what the other ladies have done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment