Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

Dotted flower nail art Inspired by Betsy Johnson heels

Hey
So today I decided to bring out my dotting tools and dot some flowers. I haven't really used them because it takes a while to dot what I really want. So I thought the first thing I could do that wouldn't take long would be flowers. I was once again inspired by a pair of heels I own. I didn't really replicate the pattern because I wanted to use a different set of colors with not just metallic qualities but also glitter. I hope you enjoy.

My inspiration came from my favorite heels Betsy Johnson KNOX in black. As you can see the flowers in the shoe are metallic but I wanted to add my own touch, glitter!
For this I used Zoya "Ziv" from the Winter 2012 collection ( the dots in middle and around the flowers). For the flowers I used Zoya "Jo" OPI "the spy who loved me" special Skyfall edition, OPI "DS002" , and Essie " blue rhapsody". For the base coat I used two coats of China Glaze "liquid leather"
 I used the biggest dotter I had and dotted for petals for each flower randomly on all my nail. I tried to keep the red and pink flowers away from each other. On my pinky I only had space for three not four flowers. For the centers of the flower I used a smaller dotter. and for the tiny gold dots around the dotters I used an even smaller dotter.  I finished the look with two coats of Seche Vite ( I write a lot at work and my right hand usually starts to chip first)

I think it turned out great. It may not be exactly the same as the heels but then hey! that would take all the fun out of it. I think Im going to go dig into my closet again for more inspiration.
Take care
All comments are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment